Mar 4, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter Icing





Truth be told, I'm not a peanut butter lover...
unless it's nestled inside a layer of milk chocolate.

But others in my home, who shall remain 
anonymous, eat the stuff right from the jar!!

We are a JIF creamy, of course, family! Born & bred...
meaning my hubby & kids can differentiate
between JIF and ANY other brand of peanut butter!

So for this recipe, you guessed it, I use JIF!

Peanut Butter Icing

3 to 4 cups powdered sugar*
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla 
½ cup creamy peanut butter*
⅛ to ¼ cup milk*

Cream together powdered sugar and butter.
Add vanilla, mix.
Add peanut butter, mix.
Slowly drizzle in milk until icing reaches a
spreadable consistency.

*At this point, it's all about taste preference.
If you need it sweeter, add more powdered sugar.
If you need a stronger peanut butter taste,
add a little more peanut butter.

Play around with the recipe a bit & make it your own!



Baking is not a science, it's a joy! ~ maria matter :)

In reference to my opening statement, 
when making this icing, of course I always
think it's too peanut buttery. Fortunately
I never have a shortage of taste testers in
my kitchen willing to set me straight! 

This icing compliments this chocolate cake perfectly!

Enjoy!


Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Yummy! TFS
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Yummy. I like Peanut Butter sometimes. My hubby eats peanut butter toast all the time as well as our African Grey.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria